Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blogger Style: Emily

Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my favorite fashionistas. She has such a cute and laid back, yet always on trend LA style, that I try to emulate in my own life.


I channeled this look in particular when I got dressed this morning, of course adding my own style and flair to make it me.

I apologize for the awkward bathroom mirror photo.
My camera had died.


When I saw Emily's picture, I immediately thought of my own asymmetrical fishtail skirt, and went from there. I love this skirt for days like today, it was warm and sunny, with a little bit of a breeze, that just really gives life to the skirt without the fear of it flying up and showing everyone your undies. I paired it with my beloved striped crop top, since the skirt was so high waisted. Originally, I was going to stop there, but I was feeling a little too boxy, so I added my bright red belt for a pop of color. It also helps to draw attention to the smallest part of my body. Since most of the outfit was pretty toned down, I added my leopard flats (I have a thing for pairing red and leopard together). 



Now my outfit for you is even a little different than what I wore, simply because polyvore gives my access to more clothing than my closet could ever handle. I stuck with the asymmetrical skirt because it is what makes each outfit unique. For this one, I also stuck with the striped top theme because stripes are a never ending trend, and I went with the tie knot because you can expose as little or as much skin as you feel comfortable with. I added some killer Marc by Marc Jacobs heels which I could never afford in my lifetime, but there are always cute tan wedges out there.  I wanted to keep with the leopard print because I have been really into it lately, so I decided to add it in the form of a cute clutch. I also threw in a mimic of Emily's chic, but messy bun, and a teeny tiny ring, because I have been obsessed with those lately as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment