Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Girl Style Inspiration


No woman in Hollywood is as awkward and adorkable as one Zooey Deschanel, who also happens to be my lady crush and style idol. Every week, I'll recap the latest New Girl Episode highlights, and craft an outfit effervescent of the lovely Jess Day herself. :)
Last night's episode of New Girl was one for the record books. Each character had their own romantic or not-so-romantic storyline, and multiple catchphrases to keep me laughing so hard that I cried a lil' bit. Jess started of the episode disgusted by Nick and Julia's necking, since this would be her first single Valentine's Day in 6 years. 
Jess: I have to go out tonight, 'cause I'm feeling pretty twirly.
Schmidt: Twirly? Is that like horny?
Jess: I've got the dirty twirlies, Schmitdy!"


She declared that she was going to go out that night and find some "one night sex," even packing an overnight bag and a 100-pack box of condoms for the occasion. Cece quickly reminded Jess that she can't have a one night stand due to her easy emotion attachment. Nevertheless, Jess ends up almost sleeping with Schmidt, Nick catches her before she can act on it and tells her what a terrible idea that would be. Only to leave us with the fact that Cece and Schmidt were in Schmidt's room getting ready to do that naughty, Cece claiming:
CeCe: If someone catches us, then I'm going to say that you're drugging me, and it's my word against yours.
Schmidt: Okay, yeah, that makes sense
I'm still waiting for the day when jess and Nick will be together. Oh well, now for Style!

Jess's outfit last night was a super sexy one, because she has the "twirlie's" and was lookin' for a man to have some "one night sex" with. This is a fanastic outfit for wearing on a night out with the girls, or a romantic date with your boyfriend, and even though Valentine's Day is over, there's never a reason not to feel sexy!

All items from Modcloth

I decided to stick to the mostly black palette of Jess's outfit, since accessories can say a lot. The 'Raven' top is a basic black tee with a bit of a twist at the neckline, which I absolutely love. The highwaisted black shorts are a staple that every girl should have in her wardrobe, and they add the perfect amount of texture to the outfit, without going to crazy. Basic black tights can help protect from the cold (or cover unshaven legs), and the knee high black boots are always sexy. I added the heart shaped earrings for a little pop of color with the red, contrast with the white, or neutrality with the black. And I added the newspaper print clutch for some more interesting texture, as well as a tribute to Jess's old timer newspaper man voice :)





No comments:

Post a Comment